Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ten Things I’ll Make An Effort To Do In 2007

I’m not much on making resolutions at New Years. When it comes to resolving to do something, I more likely to get at it when I think about it rather than wait for the calendar to change.
I’ve been thinking about it, though, thanks to the current of comic punchlines. You’ve seen ‘em. The guy on the couch vowing to gain weight and drink beer because he knows they’re resolutions he’ll keep.
Here’s my list of things I’ll make an effort to do:

1.Get published. I’ll do my part. I’ll write something marketable and learn more about the query and proposal process, but the final decision is out of my hands. For than, I’ll petition the Universe.
2.Keep exercising. It’s okay to take a day off now and then. In fact, I think it’s a good idea to take the occasional break. But I’ll keep at it.
3. Spend more time outside in the winter. Fresh air and winter sun are good for the soul.
4. Listen to the Universe more. When I ignore Guidance I regret it.
5. Thank the Universe more. Gratitude is important.
6. Sell or otherwise dispose of my dad’s power wheelchair. It’s been in the garage since August. I’ll give it away. I have something that someone needs. I want that somebody to have it.
7. Spend more time out in the world. Writers don’t get out much and I’ve enjoyed that part of it immensely. Lately I’ve started to think that I need more human interaction. Never thought I’d see that day.
8. More bike rides in the summer. I went out at least three times a week for up to 12 miles at a time last summer and it was wonderful.
9. More self-hypnosis experiments. I gave myself a suggestion once concerning housecleaning. Next thing I knew I was down on my knees on the bathroom floor chasing dustbunnies out from under the baseboards with a toothpick.
10. Cultivate impatience. I have less patience these days and I’ve decided that it’s a message from the Universe. Up in No. 5 I vowed to listen to the Universe. This is a way to make good on that promise.

Happy 2007.

No comments: