Friday, March 16, 2007

Free Money !!

OOH! It’s too good to be true.

I’m in the running for a lump sum payout of $500,000 US just for having an email address.
Does it get any better than this? Free money!

Yikes.

I’m warned to keep this private so no one scoops the email and steals my prize.

“You are to keep all lotto information away from the general public especially your ticket number and ballot number. (This is important as a case of double claims will not be entertained.)”
They need to know a few details about me, including name, age, occupation, and email address.
Ya gotta wonder about that last one.
If I won based on my email address, and they sent it to me via email, then it follows logically that they have my email.
Hmm, maybe that’s a test in case someone has stolen my prize- claiming reference number.

That would be this:

“Your fund (Certified Cashiers Cheque) has been insured with your REF NO: YM35447XN and winning number YM09788. To claim your winning prize, you must first contact the claims department by email for Processing and remittance of your prize to you.”

Oops. I’ve let that out to the general public.
Now someone can claim my prize.

C’est la vie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!

amy

Anonymous said...

ooops! "the goat ate my lottery ticket!"

dragging these little internet games out in the open is a healthy thing to do.

real good to meet you!