Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two Sentence Tuesday -- Rewrite Rewritten

Wyoming. The Virginian is set there.
I finished rewriting BloodLovers Friday night. My husband had been away on a job for a few days so I spent a few nights all alone up late writing about vampires.
It was okay while I was doing the writing, but I did have the occasional anxious moment while getting ready for bed.
Said manuscript isn't really scary, but it sets one's thoughts on a particular path enhanced by a dark and lonely house.
I finished. His job was cut short due to rain and he was home Saturday. It all worked out.
Two sentences from BloodLovers:

" 'But those moments when the ache dancing inside me is about to be met… I take my prize, my blood lover in my arms… my body cries with need as I sink into the warm flesh. I feel the throbbing vein in my mouth as I hold the quivering body to me.' "

#
I've been reading The Virginian.
I vaguely remember the television show that was loosely based on the novel and I'd always meant to read the book.
It's been on my TBR pile for a few months now. I am glad I finally got to it last week. The characters are interesting, the setting intrigues me, and it is well-written.
Author Owen Wister started western fiction. From what I've read so far I am glad he did.
Two from The Virginian, A Horseman of the Plains by Owen Wister  (Penguin Books, 1988):

" 'I wasn't right convinced till I kicked him off and you gave that shut to your eyes again,' said the Virginian.
Once more the door opened.' "
#
Thank you for stopping in. For more or to get in on the fun please see the Women of Mystery.



8 comments:

David Cranmer said...

"..sink into the warm flesh." Very creepy nice descriptive, Leah.

Leah J. Utas said...

David, thanks so much for your kind words and your support of my writing.

messymimi said...

Creepy but enticing. Makes you almost want to be a vampire yourself.

That takes some doing.

Leah J. Utas said...

What a wonderful compliment. Thank you, Messymimi.

solarity said...

What messymimi said.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Mary Anne.

Ron Scheer said...

There's added peril to bodily fluids crossing boundaries these days. Metaphor for the danger of intimacy.

Leah J. Utas said...

Aye.