Monday, January 9, 2012

Gratitude Monday -- Gratitudinal

I've been getting shed of things I don't need. I found the following  amongst some old writings of mine.  I used to write quite often to the Universe and its assorted denizens.  On occasion one would write back.
I suspect this is from one of those times.
#
That which must be...is.
That which is meant to be...is.
That which comes to pass...has been.
That which is willed...will be.
That which is desired...becomes.
That which we believe it to be...is.
We become what we believe.
We are who we believe we are.
We become what we think.
We are what we believe of ourselves.
That which is...is.
We believe that which we perceive ourselves to be.
What we think we are... we are.
We are all we can be. It is inside. When we believe this we are it.
That which we believe to be ... is.
#
I believe in gratitude, therefore there is always something for which to be grateful.
Do you?

15 comments:

MizFit said...

I completely believe.

Leah J. Utas said...

Great, MizFit.

Laurita said...

We become what we think? Dear God, I hope not.

That's a gorgeous photo.

the Bag Lady said...

I, too, believe in being grateful for the bounty that the Universe has bestowed.

Leah J. Utas said...

Laurita, I'm sure there's some leeway there. Thanks.

Bag Lady, glad to know it. There's always something.

Tabor said...

I believe that we know little when we begin and hopefully as we learn we evolve to being better each day.

Leah J. Utas said...

Sounds like a good, open-minded belief, Tabor.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Big believer in gratitude! But as fortunate as I've been in life, I'd have to be a huge horse's ass not to feel grateful on a daily basis.

However, it's easy to get caught up in minor frustrations and your posts are always great reminders to look for the joy, not the irritation!

messymimi said...

Yes, i believe.

A reminder to guard our thoughts.

Hilary said...

I can relate to what Crabby said. Your regular gratitude reminders do tend to help. I'm grateful for that. :)

Frank Baron said...

A good reminder that our mind is an amazingly powerful instrument.

Reb said...

*clap*clap*clap* I believe in fairies! Oh, I mean gratitude. Well, I just saved a fairy anyway :) I also appreciate your gratitude posts, just to remind me on days that I am not feeling it so much.

Red said...

Tremendous conclusion1 There really is something to be grateful for each day.

Leah J. Utas said...

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for your comments. I apologize for not commenting sooner, but my hard drive died.
Got a nice fresh one, though, so we're good for a while.

Cheryl Kohan said...

I do believe in gratitude. I have much to be thankful for and I am.

(I'm quite curious as to what Laurita is thinking...lol!) Now I have to catch up by reading backwards...what on earth happened to your hard drive. Well, I'll soon see, I guess.