Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fine, Thnaks. Yourself?

I make my share of typos. Always have. Can't see that changing.
Oh, sure, it might, but for today I'm sticking with what I just said.
Of all the finger-ups I make I'd have to say reversing the 'n' and 'a' in thanks is my top typo.
It's so common to me I don't even see it until later.
Spell Czech?
I rarely pay attention or even see it on Blogger and as for my private emails, well, the spell cheque there is set to French for hog-knows-what reason. I've tried to change it. It gives me choices of traditional or modern French.
Word has it in English. Why the emailer won't respect that I'll never know, but it doesn't. Unless my eyes actually catch the flip it goes out.
Later, I notice.

My point is I know I do it. I have tried to retrain my recalcitrant fingers. They're having none of it.

What about you? Got a finger-up that bugs you?
Comments? Concerns? Confessions?

Thnaks for reading.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

I CRINGE when I type a professional email and forget the "o"

in the TO.

I do that to often :-)
when Im going to fast.

(here are a few extra ooooo's for later)

Leah J. Utas said...

I understand completely, Carla.

messymimi said...

"Rerunts" for "returns", or sometimes "retunrs". Either way, it's hard to get it right at times.

And the "o" on Ol' Bessy doesn't always work, so i often have to go back and add all the letter o's to words, if it don't catch it at the time.

Leah J. Utas said...

Messymimi, I love 'rerunts.'

Dawn said...

My hesitation over the "there", "their", and "they're"....no matter how old I get I will always hesitate.

Leah J. Utas said...

Dawn, hesitation means you know the difference. That's a very good thing.

Red said...

It's not my fingers. It's my brain! Good post.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Red.

solarity said...

Alas, my most common typo is "form" for "from." Even with a spell check that works, you can't catch that. Nor can my eyes or my brain.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Yup. Big problem when the word you mess up is also a word. I've made that one, too.

Hilary said...

My brian and figners work in prefect hamrony.

Chris said...

I once inadvertently texted my wife, "Want to go celibate?" instead of, "Want to go celebrate?"

Totally different requests, obviously....

the Bag Lady said...

worst for me with this laptop is not hitting the shift key properly - end up with a lot of missed capital letters. I also inadverntently add letters to words.
My most common mistake, though, is teh.

Leah J. Utas said...

Good one, Hilary.

Chris, thanks for the laugh.

Bag Lady, teh is a fave mistake of mine, too.