Monday, February 23, 2015

Gratitude Monday -- Christmas In Edmonton Edition

We had our annual late season Christmas with friends Bob and Sylvia this past weekend.
It was our turn to go to their place in Edmonton and it was wonderful.
Another friend, Gwen,  joined us for dinner and brought dessert, one of the best apple pies I've had the pleasure to know.
Later we played Cards Against Humanity and had a blast.
It takes a certain twisted mindset to enjoy this game and for it I am well-equipped.  Play it with like minded souls.
We did a bit of food shopping and stocked up on Kalamata olives among other things. We went to a very special liquor store that will have what you want unless it is not available in Canada. We enjoyed a lovely walk on Sunday.

We had a wonderful time with wonderful friends and for it I am grateful.

11 comments:

Hilary said...

It sounds like a wonderful time, indeed. I'd never heard of Cards Against Humanity but it sounds like a blast.

DJan said...

Pretty scene! I also have never heard of that game, but now I'm curious. :-)

Leah J. Utas said...

Hilary, it is. You have to be able to go dark to enjoy it, but it is worth the trip.

DJan, Edmonton's ravines and river valley are very pretty.

messymimi said...

It's always nice to celebrate a holiday on your own time schedule, when it works for you!

Leah J. Utas said...

Aye, it's the best, Messymimi.

Tabor said...

Sounds like the stars were aligned perfectly. Wonderful! I will have to look up that game.

Leah J. Utas said...

That's it exactly, Tabor.

solarity said...

It sounds like a very good time. (Cards Against Humanity has been recommended to me by two different people who know how I think, but I haven't got anyone to try playing it with.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

If we lived close by I would play it with you, Mary Anne.

Crabby McSlacker said...

I'm too grouchy for games generally, but even I am intrigued by that one!

Love your "the heck with the calendar" approach to holidays, sounds wonderful!

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, in this game grouchy is an asset.