Monday, February 16, 2015

Gratitude Monday -A Gratitude Round Up

I have several areas of gratitude today.

On Valentine's Day I was taken out twice, brunch and dinner.
It was a good, good day. I even had chocolate cake and ice cream at one point.
Also, I had toast and coffee. Now for most that's a regular daily event. But it's rare for me as I am gluten intolerant. I love the combo and miss it, but I do know better than to indulge too often.  Further, when I do have gluten I usually spent my gluten allowance on dessert. On Saturday I had both.

I have the flu. I was expecting it and it hit me Saturday. Fever, chills, achy places,  all the usual suspects. I had plenty of cuddle time with a heating pad  Saturday night and for said pad I am grateful.  Though I still have it I am much better today. I may even be able to read.
The reason I expected it is  my husband has it and he is sicker than me.  While I am by no means grateful he is ill, I am grateful I am not as sick as he is and can get about as needed.

The honey and apple cider vinegar I've been drinking helps quite a bit and I discovered the other night that a hot toddy with scotch and honey is really quite nice.

I am browning a beef bone in the oven right now to be made into soup. I like soup anyway and it is a comfort when ill. I am grateful for that, too.

Gratitude is everywhere, it is just a matter of knowing how to see it.

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sheesh, you sure raise the gratitude bar if you can find so much to be grateful for when flu hits!

But I'm sure your positive attitude helps your immune system, so it's great that you manage to see the silver lining!

Hilary said...

Oh dang.. sorry you're both not feeling well. And yeah.. what Crabby said. I hope the two of you feel better soon.

Tabor said...

Here you are both very sick and yet your post is cozy and uplifting. Amazing that you can do that!!

Leah J. Utas said...

Uh, sorry Crabby. Can't help myself.

Thanks, Hilary. We are doing as we can.

Tabor, thanks.