Monday, August 22, 2016

Gratitude Monday -- Garden Goodness Edition

I have plenty of vegetables to deal with and for them I am grateful.
Yesterday I picked beans and got enough to warrant freezing them. I picked and froze cilantro, and then collected thyme and oregano, both of which are now drying.
Then my husband came home from visiting his parents. He brought zucchini which needs to be dealt with soon, carrots, beets, cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes in red and yellow, several cucumbers, and many, many onions.
Today will be spent preparing and freezing most of the above.
It's going to be a great day.




4 comments:

messymimi said...

Sounds like a harvest of deliciousness, and i'm glad you have a freezer!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Messymimi. It's so wonderful to have garden veggies in the dead of winter.

solarity said...

I am snarkily grateful that blogger finally served your Monday post up on Tuesday morning.

I am still waiting for my second bell pepper to get big enough to harvest. Almost! (The first one was harvested by birds? squirrels? when it was barely more than two inches, but it was good, what there was of it.) The third one is still quite small, but growing. The others are still thumb-sized. On the other side of the house, out of reach of cross-pollination, my cayenne peppers are beginning to change color.

My broccoli this spring came to naught, so I have nothing homegrown in the freezer.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Ah, adventures in gardening.