Monday, August 14, 2017

Gratitude Monday - An Untreated Treat Edition

The earth provides our water. We need it to survive and I am grateful I have access to clean, healthy water at the turn of a tap.
But we've gotten so far away from the water Mother Earth provides freely. What flows from my tap is treated. While I am grateful for it as it means it is fit for consumption, it's not the clear flowing stream of nature.
When I go for a hike in the mountains I drink out of a mountain stream. I've had water that had no taste, as water ought, but is really, really weird, to water did have a taste. It was a grand taste and I am grateful for it.
We take water on our hikes and when we run out we help ourselves to the fresh, clear mountain streams and drink what the Earth provides.
It's one of the highlights of the hikes for me, and for it I am grateful.

8 comments:

solarity said...

Can't do that here. Giardia is everywhere.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

messymimi said...

So glad you can do that. Swamp water has to at least be filtered. Someday i'd love to be able to know the "wild" water is clean and just drink it.

Leah J. Utas said...

Mary Anne, yikes. If so much as think a stream might carry giardia I won't drink it.

Messymimi, may that dream come true, and quickly.

solarity said...

I was working in North Carolina when Giardia started moving down from the northeast. Dogs were coming down with it constantly, because their humans hadn't gotten in the habit of preventing them from drinking ground water. Before I moved to North Carolina, the places I walked in Kentucky mostly had streams where cows drank. Er, no.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Eww. I don't think I could drink with a cow.

Anonymous said...

I would like to try that water!

Leah J. Utas said...

I hope you do, Kimberley.

Jude W said...

Grateful for shariing this