Monday, September 18, 2017

Gratitude Monday -- Quiet Time Edition

I am grateful for my hard line phone. It never occurred to me to be grateful for it, and for that I am sorry.
I didn't realize how much I depended on it until it was gone.
Not completely gone, just not working.
It started yesterday, apparently some time before early afternoon although it did work at one point after it wasn't working.
My sister called somewhere around 2 p.m. so we had no reason to believe our phone was out. However, Mike's mom had been trying to call well before that time and only got a busy signal.
We discovered the problem when he tried to call his mom around 5 p.m.
Telus tried to fix it, but couldn't.  For scheduling reasons, there's and mine, a repair person won't be here until Wednesday.
I am grateful it will be attended to. I know all will be well, and for a few days, quiet.




6 comments:

messymimi said...

It's true, you don't know your phone is not working until you try to call out or someone actually finds you and tells you "I've been trying to call for hours." Years ago, if your phone wasn't working you had to go to the neighbor's house to call the phone company and tell them.

Enjoy the quiet, and i hope it's easy to fix.

Leah J. Utas said...

Messymimi, we had Mike's sister call for us. I tried using his cell phone, but even a repair call required his PIN number, which we couldn't find. I tried online and couldn't get through on Chat to report it.
It was beyond frustrating.

the Bag Lady said...

"You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"
We have had a similar issue here, but the entire community was out, so it was reported and fixed within a couple of days....if it had just been ours, it may not have been fixed for weeks (and may not have been noticed for days - our phone hardly ever rings. To the point that when it does, it makes me jump!)
Hope yours is fixed quickly.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks. We don't get that many calls either and had we not been expecting one it easily could have been days before we realized there was a problem.

And yes, "Big Yellow Taxi" ran through my mind most of the day.

Tabor said...

Here in the US no one comes to repair phones or phone lines. You just have to buy a new phone. I have to find the time and money to hire someone to see why my bedroom phone line quit working!

Leah J. Utas said...

No ne takes care of hard lines anymore? That's sad.