Monday, October 2, 2017

Gratitude Monday - Seasoning Edition

Autumn is my favourite season. I love the cooling off, the changing leaves, the sense that the immediate world is preparing for its quiet time.
What I  really love is I get to use the oven. This opens my world back up to roasted meats, roasted vegetables, soups, stews, and cookies and cakes and pies.
I am grateful for the cooler weather, and I even look forward to winter.

The weather lends itself to kitchen experiments, playing around more with herbs and spices to see how they fare  or even changing up how one sweetens a thing.
To that end yesterday I made peanut butter cookies and threw in some molasses to see what would happen.
I am grateful they are tasty.

4 comments:

Virginia Lee said...

So far the weather shift has been making me sneeze. It's possible we'll go tropical again b/c hurricane season doesn't end for another month, but I'm hoping not.

I too feel like baking. I am seriously thinking of making carrot cake. I'll need to ask for more cream cheese to make icing, but I have everything else.

Traditional molasses cookies are good too. Especially with a bit o'spice.

xo

messymimi said...

Gumbo weather is what we call it, and we are having a little, tiny taste of it. Those cookies do sound good!

crabby mcslacker said...

You guys are making me hungry!

I've been eating so many damn salads (HUGE with all kinds of stuff on them) which makes a fine summer meal, but yes, cooler temps do make soups and roasted things and baked goods sound suddenly much more appealing.

Do you by any chance deliver? :)

Leah J. Utas said...

I've never made traditional molasses cookies, VL> I must look into it.

Gumbo weather is a great name, Messymimi.

I'd deliver if I could, Crabby.