Monday, October 16, 2017

Gratitude Monday --What A Crock Edition

Because my husband is also taking acupuncture treatments and because he has a job and because we have to drive 50 miles to get acupuncture, our appointments are set for late afternoon, 5 p.m.
That means the evening meal is either something in the city, which is great, or  eating when we get home, also great.
To do the latter means a bit of planning and that's where the crock pot comes in. I can throw a few things in it in the morning and have food waiting when we get home.
All it takes is a bit of planning. I need an idea for what to prepare as well as a few minutes to put everything in the crock pot. The latter is easy. The former takes a bit of thinking at times.
When it all flows together we come home to a hot, home cooked meal.
For it, and for the crock pot which makes it possible, I am grateful.

10 comments:

CARLA said...

I NEED ONE
Or an instapot
Im finally caving and joining the masses :-)

solarity said...

Yes, it's a great thing to be able to cook when you're not home. Since I come home for lunch, though, smelling the food that's not ready for hours yet is torture. Pleasant torture, though.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Come to the dark side, Carla. We have home food.

Mary Anne, agreed.

messymimi said...

The crock pot is a working mom's best friend in the kitchen. Actually, it can be anyone's best friend in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

That’s wonderful! I love mine and it makes my delicious lunches and dinners so easy!

Leah J. Utas said...

It's rapidly becoming my best friend, Messymimi.

Kimberley, easy meals and easy cleanup. They're the best.

crabby mcslacker said...

We totally forgot about our crockpot and recently resurrected it. (I was actually planning on a blog post with the exact same title as yours, but of course haven't gotten around to it). I think as the weather gets colder the idea of something simmering all day in the kitchen gets way more appealing. Not so much when it hot and humid!

solarity said...

Hot weather? That's when I use the crock pot most, because it heats up the kitchen much less than the stove.
Of course, no heat can stop me from using the broiler every morning for cheese toast.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, do your post and use the same title. I'll be tickled silly if you do.

Mary Anne, summer crocking is the best.
And now, dammit, I need cheese toast.

solarity said...

[cheese toast--heh, heh, my work here is done.]