Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Exploring Artistree


As noted in earlier posts, I've been drawing. 
I'm enjoying myself and I like to think I've learned a bit and improved somewhat.
But what is important is I am enjoying myself. I like the feel of the pencil in my hand and I love squeezing and shaping the kneaded eraser to get it just right.
In fact, some of the most fun I have drawing is erasing.
Currently I am having a blast drawing trees.
They're fun, they're filled with character, and they are quite forgiving.
The roots need a lot more work, but each in its own season.






Have you ever wanted to do express yourself, do something creative, but were reluctant to take the first step?
There's no need to deprive yourself.
Do it.
Get out and fail.
Do a lousy job.
Then get better at it or walk away.
The point is give it a shot.
How else will you know if you're any good?






3 comments:

Tabor said...

Personally I think if it is something you really, really want to do, you can only get better at it. I used to sketch and now am wondering if I should take that up again?

messymimi said...

It's fun to experiment with things! My experiments don't turn out often, but it is nice to try.

Leah J. Utas said...

Tabor, why not? I bet you'll have fun.

Messymimi, it sure is. The joy of experimenting is find out what happens if.