Monday, May 22, 2017

Gratitude Monday--Checked Out Edition

We went through a police CheckStop Saturday and I am grateful for it.
Peace Officers from the County  and RCMP were set up on Highway 11 just past the Nordegg turnoff stopping all the traffic.
This is good.
County and Town Peace Officers, the RCMP, and Fish and Wildlife work together on these stops on all long weekends and most other weekends, too, if memory serves.
The May long weekend is the kickoff to their enforcement partnership.
It's been years since we were stopped at one of these. I am glad we were, because it means they are out doing their job, people are caught if they deserve it, and it is all good.
The nice man checked Mike's driver's license and the insurance, registration, and plates on my car and everything checked out. He asked where we were coming from and did we have any alcohol in the car? (We didn't.)
He was friendly, kind, and seemed happy in his work.
Both of us said afterward we were happy to have been stopped.
Thank you police and peace officers. You do fine work, and for it I am grateful.

7 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Yes, they give up their weekends with their families to do the job of keeping us all safe!

Leah J. Utas said...

Aye, I wish more people understood that.

juniper66 said...

I totally understand it for I have a few police officer friends - for the good. LOL They usually always get a bad rap for how hard they work and I for one, thank them all the time for doing the best they can. :)

Hilary said...

One of my two favourite people in the world is a good officer. I can relate.. and appreciate. Thanks for this nod.

messymimi said...

So many in law enforcement get a bum rap, i am happy we have people willing to into this dangerous line of work.

crabby said...

Funny, I always get nervous at checkpoints even if we have nothing to hide! But like you I'm grateful they exist.

(Though I wasn't grateful the time we got stopped at the Canadian border in our camper van and detained for an hour as they searched the entire thing, even though we fessed up right off to a couple of apples we'd bought on the U.S. side (forgot about the fruit thing) and handed them right over. It was a sleeply little checkpoint with no one else coming through and I think they were bored). But as two middle-aged white women, we probably get stopped a lot less than many other folks.

Tabor said...

Sometimes we forget to remember those who make our days so normal.