Monday, November 16, 2009

Gratitude Monday - Mundane is Good

I'm grateful for a great deal of things. This makes it difficult to narrow it down. It's always good to be grateful for the stuff we take for granted like the air we breathe, living indoors, and having food. Some people are stuck with terribly polluted air, are homeless, or so poor they eat only rarely.
I have all the food I need and then some, the air here is pretty good, the house I co-own and live in is paid for, and the above scene is a less than two hours west of me and makes for a lovely drive.
I challenge each and every one of you to be grateful for something mundane today. You can keep it to yourself or put it in the comments. Either way, say thanks for something you usually ignore and see what happens.

11 comments:

MizFit said...

I love this leah as Ive committed to writing a gratitude post (for a group ) on the 24th and was thinking exactly this in a way.
Do I even have a post?
Im grateful for BIGBIG (our freedoms my health my family my friends the earth) and smallsmall (the truly mundane).
Im just grateful.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, MizFit. "Just grateful" is just fine. It's what I've been trying to cultivate in myself.
Of course you have a post. You'll do fine.

the Bag Lady said...

I am grateful for so many things, I don't know where to start! Just being able to get up in the morning makes me happy! We are so lucky to live in these times, in this world.

Leah J. Utas said...

You got that right, df Bag Lady.

solarity said...

Grateful for the air I breathe, and that I can breathe it with my mouth closed these past months!

Mary Anne in Kentucky

messymimi said...

A good reminder on a Monday morning with too much to do and not enough time.

I will fall back, I think, on my old standby and call that "job security", and be grateful for it!

Hilary said...

I can hear the furnace humming as I type.. I'm grateful for warmth. The computer is the only other sound I'm noticing at the moment and I'm grateful for the communication which it allows, encourages and cultivates.

Leah J. Utas said...

Soalrity, breathing through the nose is sure something to be grateful for.

Messymimi, having a job is good.

Hilary, warmth and communication are wonderful.

Reb said...

As I am about to spend the day dunging out the stuff I no longer need, I am grateful to be able to do just that. Of course, I am grateful to be able to breathe with my mouth closed like Mary Anne too!

Nancy said...

I came home last night and said all that I was grateful before I fell asleep - children that are healthy, a wonderful husband, clean air, a warm bed, and fresh bread that my husband had baked. Life is delicious. Thanks for reminding me.

Leah J. Utas said...

Reb, good luck with the winnowing.
Nancy, sounds like life is going well for you. That's good.