Monday, March 21, 2016

Gratitude Monday - Bib and Tucker Edition

I am very grateful for the rib bibs my cousin sent us.
One side has hogs, the other cows.  Terry Utas did this of her own accord after I joked with her about needing one for everyday use.
We've used them a few times, notably when we have ribs such as in the photo.
As they were swine ribs, we wore the bibs swine side out.
It protected my clothing, but as you can see, did nothing to stop the spread of sauce on my face.





*Please note the use of tucker in the headline is in reference to the Australian slang term for food and should not be confused with the women's clothing item from the 17th to 19th Centuries.

10 comments:

solarity said...

I was just considering having some ribs, if the grocery has any today. Your picture has decided it. (Thanks to Terry Utas for being the precipitating cause.)

Having grown up using "tucker" as a verb--"he's sure tuckered out"; "that's going to tucker them out"--I am often taken aback by the Australian usage.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah J. Utas said...

I'm used to using tucker that way, too, Mary Anne.

I strongly recommend getting one of Terry's bibs.

If anyone is wondering why I deleted a comment it's because I needed to fix a typo and that's the only way available.

the Bag Lady said...

Well, it's wonderful that they are being put to good use! Thanks for the shout-out, cousin!

messymimi said...

Tucker is a wonderful word! The bibs are a great idea, Terri did a fabulous job with them. You're making me hungry, too.

Leah J. Utas said...

My pleasure, cousin.

Messymimi, she did, indeed.

Hilary said...

Creative and cute. The bib and you! Love the pic.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Hilary.

Anonymous said...

You can rest assured this post brought a smile to my face. Love the bib and the picture is priceless!

Leah J. Utas said...

So glad you enjoyed it, Kimberley.