Monday, November 20, 2017

Gratitude Monday--Normal Adventures Editon

It was a normal day like any other and for it I am grateful. I sat crunching tortilla chips dipped in salsa mixed with my homemade coconut milk- based sour cream thinking about what I have.
On the table we have an electric kettle,  Mike had selected some fruit for dessert, and there are a few other items including a pencil and some scrap paper where I make notes for what I have to do during the day so I don't forget.
That includes what I've decided to make for supper so I don't forget about it.

The table is paid for. So is everything  on it, and so is the house it sits in. We have no debt save the  month bills and when I put something on Visa it is for convenience's sake. I am able to pay it off as soon as I get the bill.

I drove over to a grocery store afterward. My car is owned outright and it sits in a garage, also paid for. This keeps my car and my husband's truck safe from weather and thieves. Neither of our vehicles is a favourite target for vehicle theft, but they are still safe and that is what matters.

I went out to get the dairy-free version of ice cream and found two brands to try. One such branch is made right here in Alberta and was on sale.

The above are simple, normal day things and for each and every one of them I am grateful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is the simple things that inspire gratitude. Thanks for sharing your all your goodness!

Leah J. Utas said...

My pleasure, Kimberley.

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

It often takes a worry to nudge ourselves to remember to be grateful about the rest of what we have. But you always have gratitude covered during the ordinary and at the best of times too. It inspires. (I wish we could edit after posting.. but I'm grateful I could delete and start over!) ;)

solarity said...

Water is one of my gratitude things. After a lifetime of living with running water (that's safe to drink, even!) I still get this sense of wonder several times a day when I turn a tap and it just comes out. And food. I don't have to grow everything I eat.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

messymimi said...

Being grateful for the ordinary things of life is beautiful. It guards us against complaining, too.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Hilary. It's good to know I have inspired you.

Mary Anne, water at the turn of a tap is amazing.

Messymimi, yes. You can't be grateful and complain at the same time.