Monday, November 27, 2017

Gratitude Monday -- Proper Pan Edition

I have a real baguette pan. It was my birthday gift to me. It arrived the day after my birthday and just a few hours after making a test loaf of French bread to determine how much psyllium fiber to use.
For that loaf I used cornflour, Robin Hood GF Flour, and coconut flour so tried five tablespoons.
It went well.
The next day I tried out the new pan swapping the cornflour for almond flour. It is very good. It wasn't quite as dry a dough as the first, but still worked really well.
As you can see it grew a bit and drooped over a pan edge.
I don't care.
I have a proper French bread pan and for it I am grateful.

The photo is of that very first batch of French bread from the new pan.


3 comments:

solarity said...

Having the right pan is so satisfying. I have never made baguettes and never will--a dedicated roll person--but I know the feeling.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

messymimi said...

The right pan makes everything easier, and your loaves look delicious.

Leah J. Utas said...

It sure is, Mary Anne.

That's exactly it, Messymimi. And they are. I am so pleased I found a good gf flour.