Monday, February 19, 2018

Gratitude Monday--Better Than A Purple Parka Edition

Friday morning I needed a new winter coat. The zippers, all of them, on my coat's shell were rendered useless and I was unable to repair them. The lining, which I'd zipped out in order to use the lining's zipper to do up the coat, was fine, so all I really needed was a new shell.

I made my wants known to the Universe. When I do this I directly ask the angels as they are often dispatched to do God's hands-on stuff.  I wrote down that I wanted a parka, ladies' style, but it wasn't an absolute. It was to be purple in colour, but that wasn't an absolute either.  I ended by asking for "a purple parka or something better."

I felt pulled to go to a particular store first even though I'd planned to make a secondhand store my first stop. At the store I found a wonderful (not a parka) coat, burgundy-maroon, my size, and on sale. I decided to check around as I don't like to make snap purchases.
The Universe had directed me to the right spot.

At the secondhand store I found a winter coat shell in two-tone purple for $4. Two women of passing acquaintance to me passed me while I tried it on and commented that the colour suited me.
The Universe directed me to exactly what I needed and underscored it by sending two people to comment about it.
That one I bought right then and there.
I searched a few other stores and then went back to the first store and bought the burgundy-maroon coat.

I put my desire out to the Universe and it answered me with what I needed as well as something better.
I am grateful.



5 comments:

solarity said...

Good for the universe and good for you for listening.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

messymimi said...

We pass so many blessings by not asking or not listening. Enjoy your coats!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Mary Anne.

So true, Messymimi.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!

Leah J. Utas said...

It sure is, Kimberley.