Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Two Sentence Tuesday - Getting a Bit Done

I've managed to get a bit done on the WIP though nowhere near as much as I thought I would. Husband ended up not working a few days last week, one of which was our anniversary. That worked out well.
Other days I have no excuse beyond getting easily distracted. I've decided to simply go with it and see what it brings me. There really is no point fighting it.

Meanwhile I read Life of Pi.  I closed it for the last time on Sunday and still haven't decided what to make of it. I liked it. I honestly don't know what else to say about it right now. I'm hoping if asked that I can string a few intelligent thoughts together to make a conversation. Right now I'm still processing it.

Two lines from Yann Martel's Man Booker Prize winning novel Life of Pi (Vintage Canada 2001) :

"To be continuously outside, exposed to sun, wind, rain and sea, was exhausting, and not only to the body but also to the mind. Hadn't I just read that exposure could inflict a quick death?"
#
From my current WIP The Legend of Shallal:
"The mountains dropped off into one of the coldest, wildest stretches of water on the planet. They went underwater and then rose again on the land at the extreme south near the topside entrance tube leading to the library."

Thanks for being here. For more or to join the fun, please see the Women of Mystery.

5 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Love the line from your WIP!!! Intriguing to say the least.
Life of Pi. Oh my. I tried. I sighed.

Leah J. Utas said...

Bossy Betty, thank you so much. Intrigued is good.
Meanwhile, Pi can be difficult, but it's so well written that I found it hard to resist.

Reb said...

Oh, your lines are very good. I have never read Pi, it sounds like too much thinking involved ;)

messymimi said...

An intriguing place for your characters to end up. You always leave me wanting to know what comes next.

I get the feeling, when I am at last able to buy your books, that I will devour them in one sitting in the furious rush to find out how it ends.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Reb. Only read Pi if you want to think.

Very kind, Messymimi, I'll try not to disappoint.