Monday, December 23, 2013

Gratitude -- Each In Its Season

On the whole I have to say I am grateful for everything.
Each event adds its own special spice to life. Good, bad, or indifferent, as we perceive it, it is all different.
It is this difference that makes the difference.
Without change, without adversity, and diversity, and a good dollop of plain old fashioned boredom thrown in from time to time, we'd have no baseline for assessment.
With no way to assess our lives we'd never change or recognize that we must.
Thus my reasons for being grateful for it all.

What do you think?



7 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

I love the idea of being grateful for crappy things that happen as well as good ones, in theory! It's just in practice I tend to suck at it. Work in progress... SOunds like you've evolved a little further than I have.

the Bag Lady said...

I think you are spot on, and I aspire to follow your lead.... some day! I find it a little hard to be grateful for crappy things, but I am working on it.

solarity said...

Would we really never change? As biological beings we change to live; it's built into us, a habit of necessity.
I've always wondered if people who make fun of Pollyanna-ism have actually read the book. She's the archetype of Being Grateful for Crappy Things.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, start small and build from there. It'll come.

Bag Lady, thanks. See above comment. May I suggest waiting until after the crappy thing is over and then being grateful?

Mary Anne, we'd never know we had to if everything was always fine.

Red said...

You have a truth that many people fight against and lose. Yes, we have to have ups and downs and challenges.
I always enjoy your posts. Thanks!

messymimi said...

The bad things happen because we need the lesson they have for us, and everyone in our lives is good for something, even if only to be a bad example.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Red.

SO true, Messymimi.