Monday, July 21, 2014

Gratitude Monday -- Weather Changes

I've always enjoyed the changes in weather.
 Each difference makes me appreciate the other. Cold makes me appreciate warm, wet makes me appreciate dry, still makes me appreciate the wind.

We've had some desperately hot weather recently.  Sleeping was difficult and cooking was the last thing on my mind. The heat coupled with the smoke from near and distance forest fires made me want to do very little.

It's cooled off and we've had  rain. We sleep better, eat better, and feel like doing more.
I am grateful for this and for the changes in the weather.


5 comments:

Tabor said...

That is a good thing about the weather...it always changes. Sorry about those dreadful fires.

Anonymous said...

So glad the weather is better now! We are having a nice cool summer, but apparently tomorrow is supposed to be scorching.

crabby said...

I'm glad some of you out there enjoy changeable weather even when it is extreme; I'd be fine with a sunny 70 degrees year round! I am a Weather Wimp.

messymimi said...

There's something to be said for enjoying whatever weather comes, especially as we can't do much to change it.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Tabor. The smoke has cleared somewhat today. I saw a mountain earlier.

Kimberley, thanks. Enjoy what you've got when you've got it. It's the only way.

Crabby, whatever works for you.

Messymimi- aye. It is what it is.