Well, it finally happened. I've run out of posts from the Prozac Palace blog. The following is the last of its kind.
It's a meme and therefore a change from the usual fare. It's a pleasant change and lets Friday's Child end on a positive note. That's always good.
Thanks for reading.
From Saturday, December 29, 2007. The final post at Prozac Palace.
Five Things About Me
Blog buddy Polly Kahl at Recovery Reconnaissance tagged me recently for this. I’m supposed to give out five things about me which are odd, interesting, different, and/or obscure. I am odd and different to begin with so those aspects are covered nicely. I’ll try to be interesting.
1. I was a journalist for nearly 20 years. Following a column on my new age beliefs I was mentioned in the sermons of five different churches on the same Sunday. It’s a career and personal high point.
2. I once took photos of Canadian military parachuters as they jumped out the gaping maw of a Canadian Forces jet. I was thoroughly strapped in with a bit of lead line that let me wander a few feet. I’m terrified of heights and could barely look out unless I was looking through the lens of my camera.
3. I wrote a play in high school that was produced at a provincial drama festival and earned an honorable mention.
4. Part of my left thumb is missing. I had ringworm of the nail and had the nail bed removed when I was 13 years old. The remaining flesh was flipped over so it has a rounded end.
5. I was nearly kicked out of the largest beer hall in the world for making too much noise.
I’m supposed to tag five others, but I’ll do this instead: You’re it!
And thank you Polly for letting me play.
We now return to regular programming.
Happy Independence Day to my US readers.
Haec Sunt Mea Ornamenta
18 minutes ago