Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Flying Duodenum

Okay, sure. It's a bit silly, but it's the penultimate day of summer. Not the actual season, but real summer, the one that ends when school starts, and I wanted to have a bit of fun.
The photo is an experiment. It's the full moon taken on the bulb setting without using a tripod. I wanted to see what would happen.
I've done freehand night exposures in the past and many have worked out adequately. I took one of the Eiffel Tower whilst stinking drunk and it's one of my best.
This is one of my more, ummm, interesting results.
I hope you at least get a chuckle out of it.


Hilary said...

It looks like 90% of the full moon shots that I took during the lunar eclipse last winter. I got lucky with the other 10%. I'd love to see that Eiffel Tower shot.

And I know what you mean about "real" summer.. sigh!

Leah J. Utas said...

Hilary, thanks. I have a framed 8" x 12" of the Eiffel Tower pic on my living room wall. One of these days I'll have to dig out the original from the photo album and see about posting it.
I don't care what the calendar says. Fall starts on the first day of school no matter how old we get.

Reb said...

Leah, now you have to post about being stinking drunk whilst photographing the Eiffel tower! I love this shot by the way.

Frank Baron said...

Duodenum eh? I'll take your word. ;)

It's pretty tough hand-holding any shot with a shutter speed slower than 1/30th of a second. Valiant effort though, and count me among those who'd like to see the Eiffel Tower shot.

Leah J. Utas said...

Reb, if I can work some magic with my scanner I'll put up the Eiffel pic. Glad you get a kick out of The Flying Duodenum.

Frank, we were taught to use a tripod for anything from 1/30th and slower due to the scourge of camera shake. I still tried from time to time to see what would happen without one.

the Bag Lady said...

Hehehehehe - that ain't no duodenum!! (the Bag Lady has such a dirty mind.....)

Leah J. Utas said...

Oh, my, dfBl.