Monday, March 22, 2010

Gratitude Monday -- Stuffed Stupid Edition

Pussy willows on the second day of spring.

We celebrated Christmas with our friends the Webjeks on the weekend. Between work schedules, assorted commitments, vacations, and the Olympics this was the first weekend available.
We ate a lot.
We had turkey, stuffing, salad, veggies, red cabbage, cranberries, potatoes, gravy, wine, and two kinds of pie. In short, a traditional Christmas meal on the first day of spring.
We shared in the cooking duties as well as clean up.
The next morning we ate again.
Then we went out for a walk on a local lake under a glorious blue sky.
We came back to the house and ate again.
As my friend Sylvia said, "I ate so much I think I cracked a rib."
It was good to see them and share the season. It was belated by the calendar, but not by any standard that honestly means anything. It is any day you chose to have it.
I am grateful for the time with our friends, the food we prepared and enjoyed together, and for the wonderful weather that allowed us to spend time in the fresh air.
I am stuffed stupid, and I am grateful.

10 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Did you save any turkey?

Leah J. Utas said...

Plenty left, David. When may we expect you?

Hilary said...

Oh that sounds just wonderful. And it's still morning. Well I can do the walk around (not on) the lake part easily enough. :)

Hilary said...

Oh and that's a great photo. I love pussy willows.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank, Hilary. I love pussy willows, too. It's not spring until the fuzzies are out.

messymimi said...

Yes, the holiday is whenever you choose to share it with those you love. I'm glad you didn't just skip it, which so many people do when it doesn't work out on what they consider to be the "correct" day.

Pussy willows are beautiful, indeed, but the first, last, and only time I got near them I went into anaphylaxis, so I will just enjoy the pictures.

Leah J. Utas said...

I don't worry about correctness, Messymimi.
I'm so sorry to learn you're allergic to pussy willows.

Reb said...

Glad you had such a good time. Great photo.

Also: love the leprechaun's name and the village; cool that, about the Canada Dry; congrats on POW.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks so much, Reb.

the Bag Lady said...

Glad you had such a great time! Sounds like a wonderful meal.