Monday, March 5, 2012

Gratitude Monday -- Turned a Corner

Athabasca River at Ft. Assiniboine.

I've had my beta blocker dosage reduced again.
How?
I do something called Tibetan Rites almost every day and it has paid off in several ways.
I have written about them in the past. In general they have helped me to do simple thing like get up out of a soft chair without having to think about it, and have my legs work right away without having to take a few steps to get things going again.
Those are the simple horrors of middle-age, and exercises such as Tibetan Rites keep them at bay.
However, they've also taken me from needing a second heart operation three years ago to reducing my meds twice. I was at 200 mg a day. Now I am at 50 mg.

Beta blockers are fine things, no argument here, but they keep a person on an even emotional keel
That is no fun.
It's good to get the blood up now and again.
I'm grateful that beta blockers exist, and I am even more grateful that I now take even less of them.
##
I make no representations as to the results of Tibetan Rites for anyone other than myself.
They work for me.
Your mileage may vary.
This should not be considered an endorsement of anything for anyone under any circumstances.
Eat your vegetables.

16 comments:

thequiltingdoberman said...

Good morning! And thank you for the Tibetan Rites. I bookmarked the page. It might just be what I need to center and ground when I am feeling off.

Very simple descriptions and animations of the movements as well!

I am grateful for your site this morning! I needed good inspiration this morning. :)

Bossy Betty said...

So glad the Rites help you! Be well, my friend!

Leah J. Utas said...

thequiltingdoberman, glad to help. Good luck with the Rites. I found a site that offers a "cheater" version of them if you have trouble at first. I found I did some of the easier versions initially then got to the proper way.
There's a sixth rite for transmuting sexual energy, but it is only done by those done with the sexual part of their lives.

Bossy Betty, thank you so much.

Virginia Lee said...

I love you, Leah. I am grateful for your Gratitude Mondays. I never fail to learn something. Thank you for being one of my best teachers.

the Bag Lady said...

Good for you for having your medicine reduced yet again! And I'm glad the Tibetan Rites are working for you. (I've been too lazy to be consistent with them. ahem.)

Love your disclaimers.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Running off to learn more about the Tibetan Rites as I'm on a big self-improvement kick myself lately and your results sound wonderful!

The beta blocker reduction seems like an awesome measure of progress and so glad it's working for you.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Virginia Lee.

Thanks, Bag Lady. Glad you enjoyed the disclaimers.

Crabby, they are worth a shot. Thanks.

Dawn said...

Haha...great disclaimers;)
I'm glad for you...improved health and decreased dosage is always a good thing.

messymimi said...

And i'm grateful that you are here to tell us this.

Tabor said...

Love those last comments!!

Red said...

Good to hear that things are improving for you. There's always an exercise that is useful.

Miz said...

what messy mimi said for sure.
and me?
Im here for THANKFUL TUESDAY :)

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Dawn, Messymimi,
Tabor, Red,and Miz.

solarity said...

So glad to hear of your second beta blocker reduction. Yay!

Off to look at Tibetan Rites, to see if they resemble anything I do.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Mary Anne.

Hilary said...

Excellent news. And your closing lines cracked me up. Off to eat a veggie.. ;)