Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Personal View

Today is my 54th birthday.
Whatever else birthdays are good for, be it eating, relaxing, enjoying life, they are good for introspection.
It's a good time to reflect.
It can be a day of personal assessment, a time to vow to change or improve something in your life.
It can be a day to look back on where you've been and look ahead to all the wonderful things yet to come.

Good for it.

I'm going with eating, relaxing, and enjoying.
Because even though I look like this:
 



I still feel like this.

The photo was taken in spring of 1980 making me 21. It was taken by fellow J school grad Chris McKerracher.

19 comments:

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday!

you look great in both photos

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Dianne. So very kind of you to say.

solarity said...

Happy introspection! (and Dianne is right.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

Happy Birthday, cousin! And Dianne is right - you look great in both photos!

Leah J. Utas said...

Mary Anne and Bag Lady, thanks so much.

Red said...

Happy Birthday. Have a great day!

Dawn said...

Oh have a wonderful day! Happy Birthday...you chose the perfect thing to do today:)
(And I love both captures of you!)

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Red.
Dawn, thanks. I intend to do have a blast.

Chris said...

Happy birthday to you! Hope I look so good at 54. At least, the male version of looking so good anyway.

Leah J. Utas said...

Chris, thanks for the wish and for your kind words.

Bossy Betty said...

I see absolutely no difference between those pictures.

Happy Birthday.

Leah J. Utas said...

Betty, you are much too kind. Thank you.

Crabby McSlacker said...

What a great post! And I see more than a hint of mischievousness in both pictures. Glad you haven't lost your spirit.

messymimi said...

Happy Birthday!

The inner you shines in both pictures.

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby and Messymimi, thank you.

David Cranmer said...

Happy, happy birthday! And wishing you an upcoming smashing year.

Leah J. Utas said...

David, thanks so much.

Hilary said...

Late to the party, as usual but I do want to wish you a belated Happy Birthday, you young puppy! I do love both photos.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Hilary.