Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude Monday --Blast It


Canned air is fun.

I had to blast the dust out of my computer yesterday. To do it I took a can of compressed gas and blew the dust away.
This is not the way to clean a computer.
It's fast, efficient, messy as hell, and fun.
For that I am grateful.
The can gets cold, however, so I have to get the job done quickly.
While I'd hardly claim to be a fan of cleaning in general, a few aspects of it such as de-dusting a computer do give me a pleasant sense of satisfaction.
It's a simple pleasure, and those are the best.


11 comments:

solarity said...

De-dusting anything gives my allergies satisfaction. My laptop, however, doesn't collect much dust. Food on the keyboard, though....

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Mary Anne, crumbs on the keyboard happens here, too. I'm pretty good about it now, but there was a time of toast and cheese that I hope I never see again.

the Bag Lady said...

Now I want a can of compressed air to de-dust my computer!
(or I could just hold it out the car window and drive really fast...)

messymimi said...

When we take our computers to our favorite rent-a-nerds, i remind them we have cats, and to take it outside first and give it a good blast to get the dust and fur out. It never occurred to me that i was letting them have all the fun, i'll have to start doing that part myself!

Leah J. Utas said...

Bag Lady, your way sounds a lot more fun.

Messymimi, if you can find the time I think you'll enjoy it.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Gotta get one of those cans, my keys are getting sticky. And my screen is a smeary mess, wish they had a can for that too! Or hell a can that would spray the whole house clean with one press of a buttton.

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, brilliant. I'd love a spray can for cleaning the house.

Hilary said...

You have gratitude for the most obscure thing. I really like that about you. And yes, that can sure does get cold.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thnaks, Hilary. We take so much for granted. It's important to acknowledge the little things.

Bossy Betty said...

Ah, if only we could do the same with the dusty parts of our past! Love those little miracles!

Leah J. Utas said...

Bossy Betty, what a great idea. Blast out the past.