Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Favorite Mountain



The flat-topped mountain to the right is Chief Mountain in southern Alberta. I’m not sure, but I think it actually straddles the Canada-US border.

Police Outpost Provincial Park sits at its foot. I went there the first time in the mid-1980s and fell in love with this spot and this sight. The area has such beautiful energy.

About a dozen years later Mike and I went camping there and decided this was spot where we’d marry. We did in September 1998.

I hadn't been back in a while so I made sure on my recent road trip to go by and have a look.

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

What a sweet story! Glad you got to revisit that spot, and if we're ever out that way we'll have to check out Police Outpost park.

But thanks to your mention of "southern alberta," I now have K.D. Lang's "Big-Boned gal from Southern Alberta" song going through my head.

You just couldn't call her small.

Oh hell, you may not know the song and I may have just made an ass of myself, not an unusual occurence.

Leah J. Utas said...

Don't fret dear Crabby. I don't know that particular song, but I'm a k.d. lang fan.

Dawn said...

I like the shape of your Chief Mountain. I'm a fan of mountains. They seem to have a spiritual essense about them that is good for people.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

That's almost like a mesa. I had no idea you had them up there. Cool! And great story, too!