Monday, September 12, 2011

Gratitude Monday -- Pizza By Phone Edition

I like delivery pizza. It's quick, easy as all get out, tasty, and fun.
Clean up after delivery pizza is also quick and easy.
We had a stretch of gloriously warm weather here last week. I didn't feel like cooking most days and neither did I have to. My husband has been working out of town the past two weeks. I am left to my own devices.
A homemade deep-dish pizza that husband and I made. He wasn't home and I wanted pizza. What choice did I have?

 Yes, I can cook. Yes, I do cook. I even make cupcakes last week with the chocolate that my poor husband can't eat.
But one day I wanted pizza and it was too gloriously hot to make it from scratch.  I checked a few of the local places out and decided that I'd have Panago*.  I have wheat and dairy intolerances and I have really good luck with that company.
I had them make me a thin crust multigrain with goat cheese, spinach, and grilled veggies. In a moment of  uncompromising self-sufficiency I drove over and got it myself.
It was so tasty that it is all I want to eat now. I almost got another one yesterday.
Thank you pizza and inventors of same, and Panago for being so easy on my food issues.

* I don't work for Panago. No one paid me to say anything good about the company.

19 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, that panago place sounds fantastic! So hard to find healthy pizza choices. Though the photo of that homemade pizza can't be beat. It has me totally craving pizza tonight.

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, I'm glad you like our efforts, pizza-wise. My husband makes a killer pizza dough.
I'm so grateful that I can have commercial pizza, too, and let someone else take care of the work.
Pizza can be a healthy choice.

the Bag Lady said...

That picture made my mouth water! Good to know that Panago does a healthier pizza - will keep that in mind!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Bag Lady. You can build your own Panago pizza. You get to choose the crust, the sauce, the cheese, and the toppings. It's like making your own, but without all the work.

Bossy Betty said...

Looks SO good, Leah!

messymimi said...

Lots of people agree with you about being grateful for pizza. #1 Son's place of business was still making pies at 3am after the big game this weekend.

Yours looks amazingly good.

Leah J. Utas said...

Betty, it was.

Messymimi,thanks. I am so glad he's getting a lot of work, but yikes! 3 a.m.??

Virginia Lee said...

I wish I could order pizza w/a whole wheat crust from the places that deliver here. Ah well, c'est la vie. I'm glad you have such options, Leah. And your photo makes me all droolyish.

Now then, about those chocolate cupcakes . . .

Leah J. Utas said...

VL, I wish you could, too.
Thanks.
The cupcakes were an experiment. They've long gone to their Great Reward.

Laurita said...

That pizza looks amazing. My mouth is watering. Now I want pizza. Darn it.

Leah J. Utas said...

Laurita, I am evil. So's the pizza.

solarity said...

For several glorious years, I lived where whole wheat crust pizza could be delivered. The sauce and the cheese were wonderful, too, and I could afford it back then. (Drooling here.)

Now, the two pizza places in my county don't deliver as far out as I am, which is less disappointing because their pizza isn't very good.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Mary Anne, at least you're not missing anything by not having lousy pizza deliverable. Sorry to hear you can't get the good stuff.

Reb said...

Well, it sounds like I will have to try out Panago and see what they can do for my food problems.

Leah J. Utas said...

Best of luck, Reb.

Hilary said...

I'll have to try Panago. Frank and I have been known to order pizza fairly often and mostly prefer Pizzaville (but my son doesn't tolerate it well for some reason) or Pizza Nova where they offer portabella mushrooms as an option. Your own homemade pizza looks absolutely delicious and I can only imagine how yummy a dessert of chocolate cupcakes would be. Drool!

Leah J. Utas said...

Hilary, Panago has good variety, especially with the crusts. Their thin multigrain is pretty good.
The cupcakes were above adequate.

Dawn said...

Ahhhh yes! My most favorite of all places to order from in this world. And we have the same taste...that's what I order. When are you calling for pizza next?

Leah J. Utas said...

Dawn, I've been making my own the last two times with a gluten-free crust. It's like pizza on a waffle cone. I think I may have to make a call soon.