Monday, June 20, 2011

Gratitude Monday -- Seeing William Shatner

The Shat in the Hat at ComicCon.

I saw William Shatner in person at the Calgary Comic Book and Entertainment Expo June 18, and I am grateful.
Saturday was, as my best friend Sylvia put it, "a lineful day." Thousands of people were crowded in at ComicCon, and a great many of them wanted their photo taken with Mr. Shatner, ourselves included.
We spent five hours out of the 10-hour day in line. One stellar half-hour saw us wait in line to get in the line to get our photo taken.
This probably sounds like I am complaining. I am not. We planned our "Shat On Sat." weekend for months. I got to spend time with my best friend, and now we've seen both Spock and Kirk.
This is good.
I am happy.
#
In the pic Mr. Shatner is on stage at the Corral after having been 'white-hatted' by Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi. To be 'white-hatted' means he's now an honourary Calgarian.

11 comments:

Hilary said...

There are very few people for whom I'd stand in line. I'm glad you enjoyed your lineful day. :)

the Bag Lady said...

Glad you got to see the Shat - I know how pleased you must be!
And if there is anyone who would be fun to be stuck standing in line with, it would be you and Sylvia!

crabby mcslacker said...

Waiting in line to wait in line... that kinda sounds like a metaphor for most of life, unless one is careful. Glad you enjoyed the Shat in the Hat on Sat!

Leah J. Utas said...

Hilary, The Shat is one of the few I'd do that for. One the whole we had fun.

Bag Lady, I was tickled silly to get to see him. Sylvia had her Vulcan ears on all day. It seemed quite natural. And yes, we made waiting fun.

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, we cross-posted. Yes, I suppose it does. We did. The hatting was followed by a Q&A. He was quite entertaining.

Bossy Betty said...

All that waiting paid off! Glad you had a great time!

messymimi said...

Congrats on getting to do what you have wanted to do so long.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Betty and Messymimi.

Reb said...

That must have been quite the day. I am glad you got the see the Shat.

Dawn said...

One word:
Lucky!
(Oh...I guess 2:
Patient:)

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Reb. It was a good day, despite the waiting.

Dawn, yes. And, oh yes.