Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two-Sentence Tuesday -- It's Coming Along

My rewrite of BloodLovers is coming along. It's slow, but I managed to get at it for a while each day. It all adds up.
Here are a recent two sentences:
"He said it was an animal. Ain't no animal I ever heard tell of do that to a man."
#
Reading has taken quite a beating lately. I'm not sure why. I love to read. It's seems these day, despite the lengthy daylight and me getting up between 5 a.m. and 5:30 a.m., there isn't enough time. I hope that changes soon.
Yesterday I picked up the guitar after letting it sit idle for much too long. It wasn't keen to be tuned right away and I ended up playing it until it decided that tuned was better.
I don't have much of an ear for music so an instrument has to be way out of sorts for me to notice. Yesterday, I noticed.
Here are two lines from the song Long, Long Ago  by  T. H. Bayly I played once the strings got sorted out properly:
"Tell me the tales that to me were so dear,
Long, long ago, "
If you're curious, or can't place the tune, here's how it should sound.
#
Thanks for stopping by. For more, or to get in on the action, please see the Women of Mystery.



8 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

I probably read enough for both of us yesterday during the extended power outage!
Your lines are intriguing, as always!

Keep plucking away at that guitar and it will stay in tune.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Bag Lady. Will do.

Nancy said...

I'm just the opposite right now - all I want to do is read - and have three books going simultaneously. Weird how sometimes all you want to do is read, and other times you don't want to read anything.

Good luck with your guitar.

Leah J. Utas said...

Nancy, it sure is. Best I can do is go with whatever feels right.

Thanks.

messymimi said...

These days i squeeze reading between one hour commutes and constant kitten feedings, so i get it.

As long as the WIP is coming along, i guess i should be patient. That one i would squeeze in somewhere, though.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Messymimi.

Reb said...

Like your lines. At least you are playing, reading and writing and not stuck on a couch in front of the tube watching mindless entertainment all day & night ;) Don't know how people do that.

Leah J. Utas said...

Me either, Reb. When I don't use my mind for something I feel like I'm wasting away.