Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Glass of Challenge

We've all heard about the glass.
For some it is half full.
For others it is half empty.
It doesn't end there.
I've had the displeasure to know people who maintain the glass is dirty, or the glass is cracked, and some who are so resolutely negative they say,  "I've never even had a glass."

Not only are those people sad, they are a pain in the ass to be around.
Negativity serves no purpose other than being a cry for attention.
If you give it to them, then they see it works and will simply continue.

I'd tell them to go to Hell, but they are already seated uncomfortably there and complaining about the heat.

That said, I say there is no glass because I refuse to have my blessings contained, especially by anything as meagre as a glass.
They are a flowing river, infinite, bright, and refreshing.
Yours can be that way as well. It is a simple matter of announcing it is so and then looking for the good in what you perceive as bad.

I challenge you to try.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is something I was meant to read tonight…and although I read it, I am still so stuck in the bad. Need to pull my way out. At least I know where I am.

Thanks for this.

Leah J. Utas said...

My pleasure, Kimberley. Glad I could help.

messymimi said...

Peace and blessings and love flow through my life like a river. Every "bad" thing that happens is an opportunity to meet it with good and love and peace and forgiveness and transform it.

Leah J. Utas said...

Such a great way to do it, Messymimi.

solarity said...

I'm one of the people for whom the glass is at equilibrium: it is what it is.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

If that's what works for you, Mary Anne.