Friday, April 10, 2015

My Erasing Hobby


I've been teaching myself to draw.
I do it for my own pleasure and harbour no fantasies about making it big in the art world. This is me expressing myself and enjoying it.
It is also a moderately compelling drive inside to express something that I have yet to target.
It started as a picture in my head last year to draw a scene from a manuscript I was writing.
Then I wanted to draw dragons,
Currently the unicorns are asserting themselves, demanding my attention.
They are welcome in my soul and I am pleased and grateful for their presence.

But back to drawing. I joke that what I am really doing is erasing.  I make mistakes, I rub them out, and I try again.
The above is one of my better attempts.

6 comments:

Tabor said...

Yes, we all have erasing hobbies...some of us do it digitally and others with a gum eraser.

messymimi said...

Too often people stop when they don't do it "right" the first time, which is sad.

That's a very nice unicorn.

Leah J. Utas said...

Tabor, erasing is fun.

Messymimi, that's sad. Few get it right the and they subsequently miss out on a great deal of fun.
My unicorn says thanks.

Anonymous said...

Unicorns can be so demanding. But really, who can resist them?

Chris said...

I like to think stretching out in other creative ways benefits one's creativity across the board, just like mixing up types of exercise is so good for one's body. So keep erasing!

Leah J. Utas said...

So true, Kimberley.

Chris, I agree, and I will.