Friday, April 24, 2015

Photo-Finish Friday - The Wild, Gruff Wind

The wind, blustering and slapping through the Siffleur Valley.
**

It was good to be out in the wild again. I spent Earth Day with a friend, and with the Earth.
We looked for goats and a cabin, and we spent time with the trees in the wild, gruff wind.
It slapped and ground a layer of civilization off me, one that had applied itself while I wasn't paying attention.
I felt smoother afterward.  Refreshed. Wilder.
It reminded me how I spent most of my time outdoors when I was a child. Society, civilization, being an adult and being housebroken covered the wild inside with a thick dull veneer of getting along by being a little less.
The layer is wearing away with the help of the wild, gruff wind.

4 comments:

solarity said...

Drat! My Flash-is-out-of-date refuses to update itself.
(Also, right now the wind is full of pollen and I'm spending a lot of time indoors. Jealousy.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Sorry to hear of the reluctant update.
Hope it sorts out soon. And nasty about the pollen.

messymimi said...

It's nice to get out and find the wild side sometimes.

Leah J. Utas said...

Yes, Messymimi, and necessary.