Monday, April 28, 2008

Gratitude Monday – Senses of Spring

Egyptian onions poke out of the ground. They're tasty.




We went for a bike ride yesterday. It was the first time we had the bicycles out this year and it felt great. We didn’t go very far, probably less than three miles round trip, but that’s a good start.
I made sure to stop and rest during the ride. I’m happy to be out and healthy and I have no intention of messing that up by overdoing it.
Yesterday was also the first day I could smell spring in the air. I’d forgotten how much I loved that smell. It’s fresh and it’s sweet and it makes me want to stay outside.
Now that the spring snow is melting I could see bits of green growth here and there. We found the onion green and garlic green in the front yard again and ate some last night. It’s how spring tastes.
I’ve smelled and tasted spring and could feel it around me during the bike ride.
It was a simple pleasure and I’m glad to have it.

10 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Great post again, dfLeah. I love your Gratitude Monday posts!
I'm grateful for the smell of spring, too! It's one of my most favourite things. And I am grateful that it arrived in the nick of time - right as we started calving!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thnaks, dfBag Lady.
Yes, spring got here just in time for you. Earlier would have been fine, too, but I suppose we can always use the moisture.

Hilary said...

There sure is wonder to the onset of every season, but I think that none are more welcomed than spring.. at least in this country. Lovely post.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Hilary. I love the change of seasons, but spring has such a refreshing optimism to it.

Crabby McSlacker said...

I agree, great post. It's overcast and windy and cold right now where I am, but you just put spring back in the air!

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, glad the post helped.

Reb said...

Lovely post Leah. I am glad to hear you had a good ride and didn't over-do it. I love the smell of spring, once my sinuses clear up after the snow mold has gone.

Leah J. Utas said...

Hope your mold issues clear up soon, Reb. The new spring smell is the best.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Thank goodness spring is FINALLY arriving where you are!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Bunnygirl. I suppose the wait made it all the sweeter.