Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere

Water is about to become very important.
Why?
Because in a few years we’ll have left the Piscean age and entered the Age of Aquarius. This is the new age everyone’s been on about for the past few decades.

Whatever esoteric, interesting, mystical, metaphysical, or simply weird meanings have been piled on it aside, it means one simple thing: in 2012 the sun will rise in the constellation of Aquarius on the morning of the vernal equinox. And that’s all we can be absolutely sure it means.

It’s the precession of the equinoxes. We learned about it in school. It’s the scientific, empirical side of the new age.

It’s not the end of the world, sorry to say. It’s the end of an age just like the Taurean Age and its attendant bull worship gave way to the Age of Aries which in turn gave way after 2100 years or so to the Piscean Age that we’re in now.

Pisces is the fish. Christianity is symbolized by a fish. The Pope wears the fisherman’s ring. Several of the apostles were fishermen.

The symbol for Aquarius is the water bearer. Therefore, logically, water will be the focus of the age.
It’s getting that way already as we’re finally understanding that clean, potable water is of paramount important to the continuation of life on earth.

Will we worship it?

My guess is no. Some people will, of course. But in general I don’t think so.

Will we be concerned with having enough water to grow crops and keep ourselves hydrated and clean?

Oh, yeah.

In the meantime if someone tells you the world is going to end in 2012 he or she is wrong in the literal sense. The world as we know it will end because we’re going into a different age, but the sun will still rise in the east in 2012 and beyond. It’ll simply be doing it in a different constellation.

**
In a quasi-related matter I love running water and waterfalls. Thomma Lyn’s recent post reminded me of how much I love them so I made my own video of Siffleur Falls. It’s not the best waterfall movie ever, but it’s mine.


12 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I read a good book about water issues a couple years ago. It's called "When the Rivers Run Dry." Get your hands on a copy, if these kinds of issues interest you!

Reb said...

Great post Leah. Do you think we will find water jugs instead of fish on the back bumpers of Christian vehicles now? Oh, just think of all the religious jewellery that will have to be replaced! (Yeah, I'm goin ta hell!)

All kidding aside, I think water conservation is a very important issue and thank you for blogging about it.

Love the video.

Leah J. Utas said...

I'll look for the book, Bunnygirl. Thanks.

Oh, I'm sure I'll be right beside you in the Whatever-Circle-of-Hell we get assigned to, Reb.
Invest in water. Seriously. It's going to be the commodity in the not-so-distant future.
Glad you enjoyed the video.

the Bag Lady said...

dfLeah - water is already the commodity... and there will be wars over it, in all likelihood.
One thing that upset the Cowboy recently was seeing on TV that the Rio Grande has dried up. Seriously, by the time it reaches Texas, the river is nothing but a trickle. This does not bode well.
Great post - the Bag Lady is NOT going to go into a rant in your comment section. No.

Leah J. Utas said...

Rant all you want, dfBag Lady.

I didn't know that about the Rio Grande. Scary.

Clare2e said...

I'm fascinated by the astronomical.

Leah J. Utas said...

I hear you, Clare2e.

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, forgot to say - love the waterfall video!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your waterfall video -- simply gorgeous! And thanks for the link love. :)

I agree with you about water conversation.

Hopefully I'll get my meme posted today or tomorrow! :)

Leah J. Utas said...

You're welcome, Thomma Lyn. I'm looking forward to your meme post.
Glad you liked the video.
You too, dfBag Lady.
I want to go back in June or so and shoot it again when it's in full flow.

Dawn said...

You're a mine of information, gal. I am also one of those that believe wars will be fought over water in the future.

Thanks for the book title, Bunnygirl - sounds very interesting and I shall look out for it.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Dawn. Water is already being focused on and it's just going to get more intense.