Monday, June 22, 2009

Gratitude Monday - Rain is Good Edition

Raindrops accentuate the leaves of a blooming hawthorn tree in the early morning.

It finally rained. We had some on Friday night/Saturday morning. It perked up the leaves and grass and made everything smell fresh and clean. It was a start.
The rain, liquid hope from the sky, returned Saturday night and kept up for much of Sunday.
It was a reasonable soaker. We desperately need it.
Several counties and municipal districts have declared agricultural disaster due to drought. Any area which has benefited by this rain now has some hope.
I am grateful for the rain.

**
Today is the new moon and you know what that means.
Whip out your chequebook and write yourself an abundance cheque.
The new moon is at 1:35 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time. Cheques can be written from that moment forward all the way until Tuesday, June 23 at 1:35 p.m. MDT.


13 comments:

Miz said...

huh.
Im clueless and have never head of the abundance check before.

Im in.

off to goggle for more info as well.

I need me some abundance.

the Bag Lady said...

Glad you got some rain, cousin. We got scarcely a drop!
Due to my *ahem* busy schedule, I might have to write my Abundance Cheque early.... hope the Universe won't think I'm being greedy!

Leah J. Utas said...

Write a cheque to yourself, Miz.
Put "Paid in Full" in the amount box and line.
Do not put a date on it.
Sign it "The Law of Abundance."
Put it away.
Sorry, I should have written it out for those new to the process.

df Bag Lady, we did okay for rain. Could use more. Sorry you didn't get much.
I'm sure the Universe will be okay, but maybe you should take the chequebook with you and write it in a quiet moment after the new moon time, just to be sure.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh dear, rain is a bit of a sore subject as we've had a very very rainy season where I am so far.

I'm having a little trouble mustering up gratitude for it! But I do love the color green and that doesn't tend to happen without rain.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

df Leah,

Thanks for this post. We have had weeks of rain, and I have forgotten to be grateful!

Terrie

Leah J. Utas said...

Crabby, it's a real feast-or-famine this season, isn't it?
Sorry to hear you've had too much, but if you could send us the excess we'd be most grateful.

dfTerrie, when an abundance of something gets to be a problem it's easy to forget to say thanks. If you have too much, we'd be happy to take some of it.

Reb said...

Lovely Photo and thanks for the name of the tree - we have a couple of them here and they are so pretty. We had a few drops of rain overnight and we might get some more today. Lets hope so anyway. Thanks for the reminder too.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Reb. The easiest way to ID a hawthorn is when they bloom they give off the the lovely odor of rotting flesh. It doesn't last more than few days, though. And you're right, they are pretty.
I hope you get a right good soaking.

Barbara Martin said...

My mother who was raised on a ranch in central Alberta said a three day rain was a God-send. May you and Alberta have more days of rain, Leah.

Leah J. Utas said...

You're mom called it right, Barbara.
Thanks for the rain wishes.

Nancy said...

I love the abundance check, but always forget! Thanks for the reminder.

Leah J. Utas said...

You're welcome, Lover of Life. The cheques have served me well.

Hilary said...

I feel refreshed just reading about the rain. I'm late for the new moon though.