Thistles in the sun.
I took up this challenge from Reb at Sibu Pegasus Power who issued it to persons sporting a “J” in their real names.
It’s my middle initial and I use it publicly. No way to pretend it ain’t there.
The meme is simple. I am to list five current addictions.
Here they are:
1. Writing – I’ve been hooked on it since I learned the alphabet. It’s to the point that I get weak and shaky- and sometimes mean-if I go to long without it.
2. Photography – I can go long periods without it, but I eventually need a fix. I can get by with a point and shoot, but I didn’t realize how much I missed using a camera with adjustable lenses, shutter, aperture, and ISO until a few months ago. I was used to a 35mm Nikon FM. I now have a Pentax K20D with 18-250mm lens. It feels good to play again.
3. Bacon – I love it. I have for as long as I can remember. I’ve switched to beef or bison bacon with the occasional foray into turkey bacon. It’s all good. I write better when I’ve eaten bacon.
4. Sweets –I have low blood sugar. I get weak and shaky–and mean-if I am deprived of sweets, especially chocolate.
5. The stars and the early morning– I have to go out in the early morning and see the constellations. I feel the best when I’ve seen Orion and followed it to Taurus and the Pleiades. In summer when the sun is up early I often miss out on the stars, but the early morning stillness more than makes up for it.
Under the rules of engagement I am to entice two others to play along.
I’ll leave that open for anyone who wants to join the fun.
P.S. Thanks, Reb. I enjoyed playing.
They have their own beauty.