Monday, June 14, 2010

Gratitude Monday - Flowing Better Edition

The Weeping Wall in Banff National Park


We visited the Weeping Wall during our recent drive along the Icefields Parkway. I am grateful to pass along the waterfalls on it look healthier than they have in the past few years.
I love this spot. It's peaceful, protected, and shaded. There's a good-sized pullout on the opposite side of the road which makes for good viewing, and there's a very pleasant body of water along the road.
It's a nice place for a break during the drive and I take one there whether I need it or not. Water, running or still, restores my soul.
The Weeping Wall is flowing better this year. I am, too, for having seen it, and I am grateful for it.

13 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Waterfalls certainly have that tranquil feeling to them.

the Bag Lady said...

I am so glad to hear the wall is weeping again! It is such a lovely spot. Perhaps one day, I'll get to see it again.

Leah J. Utas said...

They sure do, David.

Bag Lady, I was so happy to see the healthier flow. I hope you get there.

Hilary said...

Sounds like a must see place. I'm glad for you that you can enjoy it.

Leah J. Utas said...

To me it is, Hilary. I hope you get to visit it some day.

Travis Erwin said...

Beautiful.

Writing Without Periods! said...

Lovely. You make me want to take photos...lots of photos...however, mine would not be as good.
Happy Monday,
Mary

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Travis.

Mary, take them anyway. Lots of them.
Thanks. Happy Monday to you, too.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Beautiful. Waterfalls make such a nice spot for a break or a little picnic.

Leah J. Utas said...

Yes, they're both soothing and invigorating.

messymimi said...

No waterfalls out here in the swamps, so I would also be grateful to visit such a place.

Lovely photo.

Barbara Martin said...

Lovely spot, and nice to hear there was enough snow this winter to make the falls spectacular. It's quite the sight to see the whole wall wet, and to just think, you were so close to the trail head for the hike to Nigel Pass.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Messymimi. It's a wonderful spot.

Barbara, I had no idea the trailhead was so close. There's so much about the parks I don't know.