Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Time to Wake Up

Crescent Falls



I had big plans to sleep in this morning. I figured I was good to, say, 6:30 a.m. at least.
The Universe, however, had other plans.
The phone rang. It only rang in my mind, but it's just as insistent there as it is in real life. The Universe's call is just one ring although I suspect it happened twice this morning. The first one was part of a dream. The second one was about 20 minutes later. It left no room for doubt.
I tried to stay in bed anyway, but the best course of action when the Universe calls is to answer.
That said, I love the mornings, especially this time of year. The air is fresh and cool and sweet, the birds are singing, the light is new though muted, and there is peace in my world no matter what else is going on around me.
Perhaps the Universe wanted to remind me of this. Perhaps it's got something up its sleeve for later on.
Whatever happens, I'm awake and ready for it.
Anything similar ever happen to you?

9 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Leah, We are simpatico in thought this morning. I just dropped my wife off at work and stopped by the bank and as I got out of the vehicle I thought about how the air was so "fresh and cool" today.

Leah J. Utas said...

David, that's wonderful. It's good to enjoy what the world offers, isn't it?

the Bag Lady said...

I love the early mornings, too! That said, I am off to start my busy day. The Universe hasn't called me on the phone, but I do occasionally get awakened very early and fell I must get up and outside to enjoy the morning.

Leah J. Utas said...

Probably your version of my ring in the head, Cousin. It's good to get out and enjoy the stillness. Mornings are the best.

messymimi said...

One morning lark, here, and that would be me.

The whole rest of the family are night owls.

Mornings are the best time of day.

Writing Without Periods! said...

I love the mornings...love love love them. I'm up at 5 every morning.
Mary

Leah J. Utas said...

Messymimi and Mary, it's good to be with other morning folk.

Hilary said...

I'm not that much of a morning person until I occasionally heed that "call" and then the morning is all mine. It doesn't happen often but it happens when I need it to, I suppose. I'm glad you enjoyed yours.

Leah J. Utas said...

Hilary, it's the heeding that counts.